Monday, June 9, 2014

Tag Cards

I'm just not great at handmade cards.  Perhaps I have high expectations but I'll start and generally end up disappointed at the end result.  For Mother's Day this year, I really wanted to make my mom a card. I mean she loves anything I make for her...still...all these years later so how could I not win?  True, but I still wanted it to be cool and unique.  I was searching the web and pinterest when I came across this.  She called it a Pretty Large Tag Card and I just loved the idea!  So I ran with it.

And I love how it turned out.  I grabbed all kinds of pink papers and ephemera.  I also grabbed my pink and blush color shine and set to work.  I cut different tag shapes, added elements, and stamping.  Each piece has sentiment on it such as love, cherish, and celebrate. In the back I stitched a small piece of paper onto a tag on three sides allowing me to tuck a note inside.  This was quick and easy to make, super fun, and looks amazing.  I loved watching my mom look through it!

So being on a bit of "high" with my tag card, I wanted to try it again.  I have a few friends that I have really grown closer to and bonded with during the year. Not only that, but they are moms too and always have invaluable advice and support to offer.  I thought Mother's Day might be a great time to just say hey, thanks for being a great friend.  So I made a little gift of an emery board, nail polish, and some nail polish removal pads in these tiny buckets I found on the Target dollar rack and added a tag card to them!


Again, I hit up my stash for mostly pink items.  They are all similar but not the same.  I love how they turned out and it was just a great way to say thank you and enjoy your special day!

No comments:

Post a Comment