Sunday, January 18, 2015

Welcome New Year!

Finally, finally a little time to play.  I love December with all the joy filled events that keep us busy and happy but January is not my favorite.  It's personal to our family really, but it's a tough month for mama and her littles.  See, daddy has to work ALL MONTH LONG!  It means we still have some Christmas decorations up that won't come down for weeks.  It means that while everyone else is back to "routine" and crossing things off the list, we feel like we are forever in catch up mode. All those things forgotten during December are normally taken care of in January, but see, mine is even busier than December because I am left to fend for myself, the children, and the homefront while my husband endures endless hours at the office. Oh well, life will go on but let's just say it's hard to get much crafting done in January! 
However, today I forgo Sunday football in order to do a simple project and enjoy the process.  I had yet to capture our New Year's Eve celebration and so that was a great place to start.  For the last several years we have simply stayed at home and celebrated with dear friends.  We let the kids have a party, put them to bed, and then spend some time as adults.  This year, we were all yawning by 11pm but hey, that's ok.  We had a nice relaxing time together.  Yes, those kind of friends where the excitement level doesn't matter because we were together.

Anyhow, I was looking through my ephemera from the Favorite Things collection and realized I had a lot of it!  So I thought, let's use some circles for fun and I still had a sheet of the circle paper so yeah!  And It was colorful so I just went with it.  I dotted with colorshine, used lots of color, and put together a fun filled page about our NYE.  It's a bit different for me, but I love how it turned out!

2 comments:

  1. Great layout! Can never go wrong with some Heidi Swapp ;-) hehe Thanks for joining in with the challenge over at Jot :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The coloured circles couldn't be any more perfect for this mood board challenge if you tried!! What a fun and bright layout!

    ReplyDelete