Tuesday, January 6, 2015

December Mini Album Recap

 Ah December.  You are wonderful but you are FULL.  I think I would find January to be a breath of fresh air, all light and full of promise, if it weren't for the fact that my husband is very busy at work each January and more falls on my plate than usual around the home front.  However, no matter the busy nature of it, I love the many traditions and fun events that arrive each December.  And so I present a recap of my December daily-ish album.  ( I love the cute name of December Daily but I don't do daily). 

I hoard purchase craft supplies at a good deal when I see them.  So this little number was an old Heidi Swapp binder that was marked down at Michael's for about $3.  Crazy right?!?  Well, I didn't have a plan for it but when I was thinking about my December album I thought that might be a great thing to use.  I painted the cover with acrylic paint, added stamping, and some embellishment.  For this project I ordered some of the new Pink Paislee Merry & Bright collection but also mixed in some left over items from the Heidi Swapp Believe collection I used last year.  I love how well they mixed together.


 The binder came with divider pages that I removed but for this one.  I thought the music notes were perfect and I decorated a cute intro page.
 Of course, we always start out the year decorating after Thanksgiving!  We got a new tree this year so it was fun to put that upstairs and move or other one down to the basement for the kids to decorate.  That is where they play a lot so we thought it might be fun to have it there for them to enjoy.
 They even decorated the dog!

 And of course our Elf arrived as well.  I really enjoyed mixing and matching different sizes and styles of pocket pages within this album. It created fun interest and allowed me to work with many different items and photo sizes. 
 Those cute tabs and the beautiful craft tags were frequent in my album.  I used the tags to do most of my journaling!
 This year I decided to write down the holiday movies that the boys enjoyed.  It's fun to introduce them to classics but seriously all they wanted to do was watch the Elf on the Shelf movie.  Like five times a day.  In. a. row.

 And to increase the FULLness of the month, our oldest son has his birthday!  The big 4 this year and so I added in a few non traditional colors to set apart his birthday pages but I did enjoy using the Merry & Bright collection papers to keep it consistent.


 So that is just an overview and peek at the album.  What I love most about it is how simple I kept it.  It was still fun but very manageable to work on during the month.  It was also great to show a few friends who think they have no time for this craftiness thing just how simple and cute it can be.  Until next year...



No comments:

Post a Comment