Saturday, June 7, 2014

RIGHT NOW memories

I'm very excited to share this quick and simple project that will help you document your memories quickly.  I make a point of saying that because I often hear from my friends "how do you find the time to do that!"  Well, not everything is a big project but it can be just as cute.  However, my main goal is always to record the memories - I just enjoy being creative and playing with pretty papers in the process!  This idea was inspired by this post.  I loved this new way of folding up a memory file.  While it was used as a gift-giving card in that project, I thought it would be a perfect way to quickly document my family members right now.  I used a memory file from the Mixed Company collection by Heidi Swapp.  I decorated it by stenciling with some color shine and magic medium.  I added ephemera and also the stickers from the memory file kit to indicate each person's section.  There are four of us in my family so this worked out easily.  I kept the cover simple and decorated it with the date - May 2014.  On the back side (after folding) I adhered a tab from the ephemera pack just to keep it all closed.  It's important to be generous in your folding so you have room to insert the journaling cards and photos.



 I used a 4x6 journaling card from the Heidi Swapp Hello Today collection and also some Project Life lined cards to capture my thoughts - those right in the moment thoughts.  I love looking back at the funny things my kids said or little things they were into.  For example, my youngest son has decided to call his pacifier a papi...not sure how he decided this but it's a fun little memory that will likely be forgotten as time passes.  Next, I printed some individual photos of everyone that highlighted the month and added those.  Ok, so how simple is that?  I really think anyone can find the time to do this small project to capture some great RIGHT NOW, right in the moment stuff to remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment