Thursday, June 5, 2014

Dreamy Memory File Kit

I've been excited about working with the Dreamy collection by Heidi Swapp for some time.  I just had a lot of other projects to finish up but I'd tried out some of the ephemera and just couldn't wait to get into those papers and memory file kits.  The memory files are in different shapes than past collections but I also wanted to challenge myself to use them in different ways.  So I cut them up and got creative!  Above is the cover where I chose to cut that memory file up into approximately and 8 x 8 inch cover featuring the brush script "life is beautiful."  I used modeling paste with the pin dot stencil to create the slightly raised dots.  A little ephemera and some sequin stars left the cover simple but pretty.

On the inside cover I used the new clear magic medium with a spritz of Mustard color shine to add the octagons via a stencil and some dabbing.  I really like the soft color it created.
I also cut apart the photo stack in the memory file kit and used it in various ways.  Here, the shortest of the stack, makes a great cover intro for a small section about my oldest son. I added some of the dreamy stickers above his name.  You can also see some canvas peeking out below.  That is from the mixed media kit.  I spritzed it with color shine; however, I wouldn't recommend doing that.  While it was easy and looks great, the residue is coming off on other pages of the albums.  Next time, I'll try it with magic medium or paint.
This is just a small part of the yellow "choose happy" memory file that I cut up.  I put both front and back together to add photos of my oldest son and even tucked a funny photo behind a journal card from the Hello Today collection.  I do enjoy how the two mix and match so well together!
Here I have stitched two pages of the photo stack together along the side, the other being bound by the binding wire, to create a little place to slip a large journaling tag. The tag was created with some of the left over memory file I'd cut.

So I cheated a bit here - I had some left over brown with dot/blue memory file from another project.  I stitched the two sides together and adhered it as a pocket.  I made some large tags and added photos.
Here I added a mini memory file without cutting it up.  I love that ticket design!
Inside I decided to add the remaining photo stack using the same stitching/binding method to hide another big tag.  Love the contrast of these colors!
On the back I wanted to add a journaling card with some thoughts.  My writing is on the back side and I used some washi tape to adhere it to the album.
I needed to put in some pictures of our sweet pup - his personality is as big as the kiddos after all!
Here on the last page I adhered one side of the remaining "choose happy" file folder.
It opens up to include photos of our youngest son.  Again you can see some mixing of the Hello Today with the Dreamy.
I have to admit, I do love this collection.  And I love how this album came together as I challenged myself to think about putting it together differently.  I'll have to do that again!










No comments:

Post a Comment