Saturday, July 26, 2014

Summer Layouts

One afternoon I sorted through pictures seeing what I would put in a mini album and what I would add to layouts.  I wanted to try to make a few quick layouts that incorporated multiple photos.  I had several from events during memorial day weekend that seemed like they would work well.  I also had just received the latest scrapbook kit from Studio Calico.  So why not work with the two!

On a side note, I've been printing all my photos at 3x4 inches lately.  It sometimes gets a little boring but I have some photo credits to use up and I find the size generally works well.  I add the white border in my photo editing program before printing.

Back to layouts.

 A helicopter had been flying over our home all weekend long giving rides to vets in the area.  It would get so SO close to our house and the boys loved it!  So after the Memorial Day parade we saw that they had landed on a little league field and were letting kiddos climb aboard.  Well, oh happy day for little boys!  Although my older son took right to that fighter gun like he knew just what to do.  And that was a bit scary. :)  I used a grid pattern to group my photos together and layed down some contrasting pattern papers - see the patriotic theme here?  Yeah, some stars finished it off well.  I had acrylic, cork, and sequin stars to add.  Simple, but cute.


That same weekend we had a backyard BBQ with friends and the kids had a fun time playing together.  I love these happy shots of them just being silly.  I kept this one SUPER simple but I love how soft and summery it turned out.  That cloud paper is a but cutesy for me but I did like the portions peeking out and the words "what a lovely day" because that is just what it was.   These kids had been couped up for such a long, cold, cold winter that days like this seem so much more special!


No comments:

Post a Comment