Thursday, July 3, 2014

Layouts

I've continued to experiment with making 12x12 layouts and have two more to share.

The first layout came together as a way to experiment with some of the mixed media techniques I've been learning.  I did some stenciling, some misting, some stamping, and even used a watercolor brush.  Th papers and elements came from the Studio Calico June Kit.

I joined Studio Calico's scrapbook kit club a few months back as a way to get some different products in to work with.  I have mixed feelings about it, but I think that's the point.  I wanted to see some new things and stretch myself to use some new items. 

This second layout uses mostly Maggie Holmes.  I did add a few elements from Heidi Swapp.  In this layout I actually used three journal cards and it was fun to look at them in a new way.  One I cut to make the tab behind the photo. For additional layering I slide that cut excess under it a bit.  The tag was cut from a journal card and I even hid some of that excess under another layer too.  It was a great way to add depth without using more product.

No comments:

Post a Comment